Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About the Writer

I am Desiree Cocroft and I am doing research on a dancer named Pearl Primus on this blog site. However, just to give you bloggers a little bit about myself. I am a "jack of all trades" kind of girl. I graduated with my MBA, and upon returning home decided to start a dance company with two friends, Signature Dance Company.

Istarted dancing informally with family members, and later it became more formal for me in the form of taking random technique classes. Most of my classes were based in hip-hop and African. Later, I began to do liturgical or interpretative dance. Within the last five years, I have taken formal training in ballet, modern and African. I am currently a student in UW-Milwaukee's dance program.

I am interest in dance as a way to touch individuals and cause their hearts to be overwhelmed with hope and inspiration. I have a specific interest in reaching the hearts of youth and young adults.

2 comments:

  1. hi, I really like your blog about Primus. Also, founded it helfpul and interesting because I am doing a research paper on her. I want to know whY did you decide to write your blog on Primus. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes this person someone to look up to?

    ReplyDelete